Friday 22 February 2008

If

By Nqobile Mafu


If I speak in the tongues “languages” of men and of angels,
No one will understand me, but have not love,
I am only a resounding honour or a hard symbol.
If I have the gift of prophecy I can think through all mysteries and all knowledge,


if I have a faith that can move mountains, floating ocean,
but have not love, I am nothing.
If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,
but I have no love, I gain nothing.

If I laugh laughter, limbo, lie, lift but have not love,
I am nothing,love is patient, love is kind, love is blind

love cantake you to the mountains,

It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered and it keeps no record of wrongs.


If love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes and always perseveres.
If Love never fails these three words remain: faith, hope and love,

But the greatest of these is love.



No comments: