Tuesday 15 July 2008

Meet Pibbi



This month Ngiyesabanews takes a look at Pibbi. The man himself was nowhere to be found. He is always busy with his music stuff so the best place to find him was at the studio.
Pibbi the fun of Nelson Mandela and bob Marley










Q: Hi my brother in law it’s been a long time waiting for you in this cold weather, so I came to the studio, anyway how is life?
A: life is good
Q: Pibbi can you tell me where do you live and how long have you been there?
A:I live in Leeds and this is my 5th year.
Q: If you don’t mind, can you tell me how old are you?
A: No! no! I cant tell you I am sorry.
Q: I heard rumours about you, but to be honest with you I don’t believe in rumours; so I want to hear from the horse’s mouth, originally, were do you come from?
A: I am from Caribbean background ya know.
Q: So what can you tell me about your favourite colour, food and so on?
A: I like Caribbean dishes etc rice, peas and fish, my favourite colour is navy blue.
Q: When and why did you become involved in arts industry
A:I use to sing by myself but I got seriously in couple years ago.
Q: Pibbi you are such an interesting person, can you tell me more about your activities? Also who gave you encouragement to get involved in music?
A:I don't have any activities because I am always busy. Talking about encouragement I just saw people doing some stuff and I told myself - I can do better!
Q: How many albums have you produced so far?
A: A reggae mix tape basically its not mastered, I took it straight from the studio, and an album entitled Real Life.
Q: Anyway you know that we can spend all day talking so can you tell me what are your future plans?
A: To do more albums also I am about to finish my first book.
Q: Do you mind if you tell me about your book?
A: This book is entitled “Street Side University”. It’s about the daily routine of life, particular young blacks who misbehave in streets committing crime. I am trying to educate young people about life and encourage them to stay away from drugs and crime.
Q: People have got different dreams, so if you don’t mind can you tell me your dream?
A: My dream is to inspire people with music and that’s what I am doing right now.
Q: Everything has got a beginning and an ending, so what advice can you give to young people out there?
A: Read! read! read.

For more infor:about Pibbi
Email:pibbiking1@yahoo.com
myspace.com/pibbimuzik or youtube.com/pibbi

No comments: