Friday 8 September 2017

Sign petition in support of Martha Ngosi

The Canadian government have issued a deportation note for Martha Ngosi. Shes due to be flown on the 16th of September so we appeal to all communites to sign Martha petition.Please sign the petition, and ask the Honourable Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, Ralph Goodale, to cancel my September 16 deportationhttps://www.change.org/p/honourable-minister-ralph-goodale-honourable-minister-goodale-stop-martha-s-deportation?recruiter=739255900&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=tap_basic_share

My name is Martha Ngosi. I am a 72 year old woman and I am currently scheduled to be deported back to Zimbabwe on September 16. I am terrified at the thought of being deported. I have not been to Zimbabwe since I left in 1999, so I have nowhere to live there, and my Doctors in Canada are worried that if I am deported, my health will deteriorate and I could get very sick or even die. There are many reasons why deporting me to Zimbabwe will put my health at risk;

1) In Zimbabwe, there are often shortages of vital medication, so I do not think that I will be able to get any of the medications that I currently take to regulate my blood pressure and leg swelling, manage my vertigo, and prevent my osteoporosis from getting worse. My Doctors have told me that without my medication, I could get very sick and I might even die.

2) If I am deported I will also not be able to have regular visits with a Doctor. In Canada, I need to see my family Doctor frequently to monitor and manage my Hypertension, Venous Insufficiency, Cervical Radiculopathy, Vertigo, Gallstones, Osteoporosis, and Dyslipidemia.

3) In Zimbabwe, the Hospitals are often closed because there is no medicine or there is no Doctor available. Because of Zimbabwe's frequent hospital closures, if I were to have a medical emergency in Zimbabwe, I would likely not be able to access emergency medical treatment or surgery. This is very worrisome to me, because my Doctors have told me that I will eventually need surgery for my Gallstones, and if my Hypertension is not managed, I could have a heart attack or stroke. If these things were to happen, or if I were to have any other type of medical emergency (which could happen at my age...) I would not be able to get emergency care.

I know all of this from first-hand experience; my husband died in Zimbabwe in 2015 because he could not get the medical care that he needed.

I left Zimbabwe in 1999, and I have not returned since. Like many others, I lived in the United States without immigration status for many years, because there was no way for me to apply for permanent status. Then when Donald Trump was elected, I was afraid I would be deported so I came to Canada seeking refuge. I now live in Hamilton Ontario with my brother, and I love it here. After living without immigration status in the United States for 17 years, I finally feel like I have a home. I love Canada, and I want to live the rest of my days here.

I have applied for permanent residence in Canada, but the Canada Border Services Agency is trying to deport me while my permanent residence application is in process. I beg you to please sign my petition, so that the Canada Border Services Agency will not deport me, and I will be allowed to stay in Canada while my permanent residence application is finalized. I have not broken any of Canada's laws while I have lived here, and if I am allowed to stay in this country I will do my best to be a model citizen, and contribute to this country the best that I can.

If I am deported to Zimbabwe, I do not even know where I will live or how I will support myself. At my age, I will not be able to get a job and support myself financially. I am afraid that I will have to live on the street. I cannot imagine returning to Zimbabwe. I have been gone for so long, it simply is not my home anymore. I feel like Canada is my home, and I want to live here more than anything in the world.

Thank you very much for reading my story. Please sign my petition, and ask Ralph Goodale, the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, to intervene and tell the Canada Border Services Agency to cancel my deportation date, so that I am not deported back to Zimbabwe on September 16.

Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,

Martha

https://www.change.org/p/honourable-minister-ralph-goodale-honourable-minister-goodale-stop-martha-s-deportation?recruiter=739255900&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=tap_basic_share

No comments: