Wednesday 25 July 2018

10 Questions with Nkululeko Nkala “MP Pumula Constituency Candidate

By Nqobile Mafu

Bulawayo musician and arts administrator Nkululeko Nkala (38), popularly known as Khuliyo in the arts sector, has thrown his hat into politics and will contest for the Pumula constituency parliamentary seat as an independent candidate in this year’s elections.
Nkala, will go head-to-head with other contestants in Pumula. He vowed that he would use his knowledge of the arts industry to develop the constituency.
“I am advocating for the development of Pumula and, most importantly, in the arts, culture and sports sector,” he said.

Nkululeko Nkala 

1. Ngiyesabanews. What can you tell me about yourself ?Nkululeko Nkala: I am a Creative by birth and life. I live and love the arts. I love football especially Arsenal and Highlanders FC. I am a doer. I am a young proudly Bulawayo Dude

2. Ngiyesabanews. Who are your biggest influences?
Nkululeko Nkala: My influences are everywhere and everyday. Its people living and some passed. Its sad moments and happy moments. Its falling down and being able to get up. There are many people doing amazing things from our communities to our work spheres

3.Ngiyesabanews. What other careers have you taken interest in and why?
Nkululeko Nkala: For me its always been art,but media interests me as well. I have done Visual arts,music,writing and arts administration.

4.Ngiyesabanews. When did you become interested in politics?
Nkululeko Nkala: We are all involved in Politics;my drive is the arts. We have always said that, the arts needs help with no luck. I think its time for young people to stand up and start doing things. I hope myself and many other young people can help change the mentality that some one has to decide for us.

5.Ngiyesabanews. Why is this job right for you at this time?
Nkululeko Nkala: They say there is no time like now. And nothing beats the heart of a volunteer. I am volunteering myself to be the voice of the voice less. To be the servant that will work for the people. I first wanted to enter the race in 2013 and I was discouraged. Now is the time for change,I know now its perfect time.

6.Ngiyesabanews. If you become an MP, what are the first changes you would implement?
Nkululeko Nkala: Being MP is really legislative, representative and oversight. I obviously will debate issues around arts and sport investment. Creation of employment will also be a priority. But we also need to craft laws that will encourage both domestic and foreign tourists. We need employment Quota laws amongst other things. Also I want to help my constituency,we have most of things what we need. According to my point of view, we just lack the creativity to work around it.

7.Ngiyesabanews. Can you describe yourself in 3 words?
Nkululeko Nkala: Dreamer,go-getter, fun loving kkkkk (Ngihlakaniphile hanti)

8.Ngiyesabanews.  Ngiyakubona ukuthi ungunsoyenyoni umahlakanipheni,so tell me how do you plan on tackling issues such as unemployment, healthcare and education?
Nkululeko Nkala: Pumula already has industry behind shops and in the area. We have panel beaters, mechanics, welders etc. We just need a polytechnic in Pumula and deliberate formalisation and injection of the industry's then we are done. Education is important but most of it is teaching us to be dependent on systems. We need to invest more on the technical and skills side.
I believe we need help when it comes to health. The whole City is saved by Mpilo Central and Matadei. We need more clinics with advanced technology in Pumula and Nkulumane. Talking from my experience I am a diabetic person and the medication is expensive. I always ask myself, how do people with no income survive.

9. Ngiyesabanews. How confident are you about winning this election?
Nkululeko Nkala: I have done my ground work. It will not be easy as an independent. But I am leaving the rest to the voters and God. If we win hooray! will work hard. If I lose tough luck will work even harder for Pumula

10.Ngiyesabanews.  Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
Nkululeko Nkala: I see my name in buildings. Working and helping communities.



No comments: