Wednesday 30 August 2017

Gibbs joins the West

Kieran Gibbs has left Arsenal to join West Brom in a £7million deal. The left-back was deemed surplus to requirements at the Emirates and the Hawthorns club moved to snap him up after a possible move to fellow Premier League side Watford fell through.The 27-year-old was once part of a much vaunted 'English core' at Arsenal but was allowed to leave this summer after a succession of injuries and new signings curbed his playing time. In a statement on Twitter, Gibbs, who made 230 appearances for Arsenal, paid tribute to his former club and Arsene Wenger. He wrote: 'Firstly I would like to say how delighted I am to sign for West Brom. 'It has been an amazing journey to play for my childhood club since I was 14. I would like to thank Arsene Wenger for giving me the chance to start my career and fulfil a dream!

No comments: